Sunday, August 3, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Salad

I saw a picture and recipe of a Pasta Salad recently, that I thought would be delicious to make using spaghetti squash in the place of the pasta.  Well, when my first squash ripened, I couldn't find the recipe, so I winged it and, if I do say so myself, it was pretty delicious.  The avocado was not raised here on the place, but I do have three trees growing.


Ingredients:
1 medium Spaghetti squash
3 medium Tomatoes diced or a pint of cherry tomatoes halved.  I used a combination.
1 small Zucchini chopped
1 clove of Garlic minced
1/2 Green Pepper diced
1/4 cup Celery leaves
1/8 cup fresh Basil
4 TBS Olive Oil
2 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
4 oz. Parmesan or Feta cheese

Cut spaghetti squash, in half remove seeds and bake @ 350° for 45 minutes.
I put the halves open side down in a baking dish with about 1/2" water, baked uncovered.
When cool enough to handle, remove squash flesh  with a fork in quick shredding motion.  Place in bowl, fluff to separate into spaghetti type pieces and refrigerate to cool.
Blend tomato juice, olive oil, and vinegar for dressing, set aside.
When squash is cool, add all the ingredients except the dressing and cheese.  Toss lightly.  Add dressing and cheese.  Serve with bread sticks or crackers.  Makes a meal or at least a delightful and colorful side dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment