Sunday, December 8, 2013

Improvised Cookies

Here I was, snow falling, working on projects and checking social media; when a cute little cookie recipe caught my eye.  I am always in search of "eggless" recipes through the winter months as the "girls" here at the homestead are on hiatus through the 6 weeks of shortened daylight hours.  Eggs are not plentiful.  A friend, Deborah Covington posted a recipe for cherry chocolate cookies that had no eggs, but it also called for other ingredients that I don't just have on hand, like Hershey kisses, so . . .

Here's what I did and they were fun!
Preheat oven to 375°
1 stick Butter
1 1/4 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/3 Cup chopped Maraschino cherries with 1 Tbs juice
1/2 Cup Chip Chocolates

Mix well and roll into balls about 1 inch.  Press slightly on cookie sheet.  Bake @ 375° for 8 minutes.  Makes about 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment