Sunday, December 22, 2013

Grandma's Pot Roast

I never liked the smell of roast cooking.  I wasn't sure what the problem was, but I didn't like it.  I did, however; love pot roast at Grandma's house . . . I hadn't smelled it cook for hours, though.

I have now realized it's the strategic addition and location of the bay leaf that makes the difference.

Remember those family dinners in which the entire meal, or the primary portion all came out of one granite roasting pan?

1 Beef roast 3 - 4 pounds
Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper
Water
Potatoes halved
Carrots cut

3 Tbs Corn Starch
Barley leaf

Bake roast for 3 - 4 hours @ 325°
Add water, potatoes, and carrots.  Bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours @ 325°

Pour au jus in sauce pan.  Add Corn starch with 1/2 cup water to make gravy.
Simmer with bay leaf.

Serve roast, potatoes and carrots with gravy and remember . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment