Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cucumber Salad

You can probably tell by now, what is ripe in the Land of Goshen, according to the recipes.  I had almost given up on cucumbers this year.   Oh, I had plenty of seeds and starts, but then a goat gained access, the next round just seemed withered, and finally one pathetic, spindly vine finally took off.  Now, I'm eating cucumbers at every meal, which is great.  Cucumbers are my summertime comfort food.

With tomatoes ripening late, I have a favorite cucumber dish that requires very little prep time.

2 cucumbers peeled and sliced
1 fresh tomato sectioned in thin wedges.  Section over the salad bowl to save the juice.
1 small onion or scallion sliced or wedged  (optional)
1 Tbs. fresh dill weed
Salt & Pepper

Combine in salad bowl and refrigerate about an hour before serving.  The fresh tomato makes a tangy "dressing" and of course dill and cucumbers are a complimentary pair any place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment