Sunday, July 14, 2013

Green Beans & New Potatoes

For most gardeners, green beans and new potatoes are an early summer treat!  This year mine were a bit later than usual, but I've been enjoying them for some time now, when it dawned on me, I am really enjoying the flavor in my new cooking method and it doesn't steam away all the delicious nutrients.

The fresh flavor is just wonderful!

2 Pounds New Potatoes - small
2-3 Pounds Green Beans - fresh
Dash of Salt
Fresh Dill sprigs

I just snap the stem off the beans and don't break them.  Wash potatoes, leave skin on and add just enough water in a kettle to cover the potatoes, dash of salt.  With a lid on the pan, boil until tender, just tender.  Add green beans, don't stir in.  Boil 5 minutes, leave lid in place and remove from heat.  Let steam for 20 minutes. Gently stir beans into potatoes and sprinkle dill sprigs before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment