Sunday, December 14, 2014

Lazy Girl Cheesecake

My parents brought me several bags of frozen cherries.  The other night, when I opened the freezer door, things began hitting the floor . . . In trying to get the bags back in, the avalanche began again, so, I closed the door and walked away for just a moment to gain perspective.  Clearly the freezer doesn't need to be so full, but I hit overload with deer, etc. and now that I've sent some meat home with my daughter and granddaughter it's time to rearrange again, but . . . I got an idea.

Since a bag of cherries had crashed to the floor as well as two packages of cream cheese, it was time for an experiment.  I used to make wonderful New York Style Cheesecake.  I didn't want a project so involved, so . . . Here is what I did.

I set out the cherries and cream cheese to thaw.  Already two problems solved.  The freezer door was closed and the products on the counter couldn't be worked with until morning.

The recipe is short.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups cherries (not sweet, but not too tart)
1/3 cup sugar
2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
2 eggs
2/3 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 325°
In medium mixing bowl, blend together cream cheese, eggs, and 2/3 cup sugar, stir until creamy and set aside.

In a 9 X 9 baking pan sprinkle 1/2 cup crumbs.  Spread the cherries out on the crumbs and sprinkle the 1/3 cup sugar over the cherries.  Scatter the rest of the crumbs over the cherries and sugar.  Pour cream cheese mixture over that.  Bake @ 325° for 40 minutes.  Allow to cool, then refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment